Welcome to FP Gaming Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • Announcements

• Forum and Dedi move   10/17/2017

All servers and the Forum are now at 178.32.223.184. Jörn will shortly move the domain so that your links will work.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NEW MAPS

39 posts in this topic

Posted

there are a couple of new maps in the S&D server for sunday night and a couple of CTF by request too. I have tested these on my own , but that is not a full test . If you would like to jump on there as soon as you can to give them a run through I would be grateful.

Posted

seemed to work well thanks Kelvin :)

Posted

it would be nice to give me a heads up a day earlier so i have timne to download the maps in time ... ^_^

didn't get to play the big one.

didn't get to know the other one

still don'T ike anzio

for ctf i'd suggest 3 flags and a time limit of 10 minutes

no tripwires sounds reasonable

as for the complaints about camping - that's what you do when you defend your flag. ;)

Posted

thanks Kelvin for changing the maps it is much appreciated. Can we put caretan back on if possible and perhaps toujane on as a ctf. Is it possible to make it the first one to 5 instead of 7. The big map we had one is a little to big for ctf.

Agree with jorn no trip wires on the flag too. 

thanks again appreciate it. :)

Posted

it would be nice to give me a heads up a day earlier so i have timne to download the maps in time ... ^_^

I would have , but I only got the time about an hour and a half before the game was to start. I had been asked a while back and thought I would see if I could get it done. I put links up on the forum because I knew you would have some trouble and hoped you would see it in time. Sorry . I wonder if a different redirect would help. I am still puzzled as to why your link is so slow. Have you tried the links above to see if they are  slow in a browser.

^_^

thanks Kelvin for changing the maps it is much appreciated. Can we put caretan back on if possible and perhaps toujane on as a ctf. Is it possible to make it the first one to 5 instead of 7. The big map we had one is a little to big for ctf.

Agree with jorn no trip wires on the flag too. 

thanks again appreciate it. :)

when I get the time . <_<

Posted

Oh no rush at all. I can do it if you want if it is just a matter of copying the carentan across :) 

Posted

I actually downloaded from the links  (thx for putting them up btw)

I still can't get over 60kb/sec and that much only if I'm lucky. 

On any other (non-fp) server I get up to 2000mb/s so it's not my line.

I must have wronged the ppl at hostgator in the past... :P

I'd probably be all right if I'd d/l directly from the server but that's not possible with the redirect on.

Never mind, sunday i was only a few minutes late and if i had gone to the pc a few minutes earlier i would have been in time. 

Posted

I'll tell you what I'll turn the redirect off for that server and then the dedi should supply the maps, only just thought of that . Or I could run a small webserver on the dedi and point at that. I have a nice little one just for file serving . called mongoose

crap that didnt work . with no redirect the server disconnects

Posted

I set up the alternate redirect on the dedi it is doing 200KB/s

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok

3 flags

10 minutes and

no trip wires

I think. :blink:

Need you to pick some maps

Posted

okay thanks Kelvin, carentan is a must. That big map so cant remember the name of it to be taken off. Cant think of other names at the moment and I have looked at the list and none of the ones I am looking for are on it :(

found this it is a list of the all the stock maps http://www.originart.eu/cod2/maps.html

Caen     mp_Caen     mp_trainstation 

this the map I would realy love to have on the most though its a stock map too and runs s and d. 

Posted

trainstation and carentan added

wanna run around them

Posted

oh yes going on now :)

yesssssssssssssssssssss so happy :) im on the server now 

Just noticed that the rounds are going past 6. So sorry to be a pest. I am really grateful you doing this.

Posted

hello pest here again was just on the cod2 awe server the ctf map Kaen is a bit big for ctf and also noticed that the rounds are up to 7 still. I tested it to see if it would go past 3 and it did. Really sorry to be a pest :(

Posted

I edited the wrong awe.cfg file.

removed kaen

no pest , that why i asked for a test

no worries B)

Posted

thanks for all the work guys, if i may be so bold, some maps i would like 2 see (pretty sure they are cod2 maps)

wolfsquare

nightfall

colditz castle

kalsingrad v2

just some suggestions, like i said pretty sure they are cod2

Posted

Managed to find wolfsquare, colditz castle and Kalsingrad. Nightfall struggling to find. They wont be put on the server just now but have them in the file browser to be added when we get time :)

1 person likes this

Posted

The alternative redirect works better for me but much worse for everyone else and that can not be.

Thank you Kelvin for setting it up. But now I'd like to ask you to return it to the way it was. I can live with the slow downloads and in the worst case I'll miss a few minutes of game time.

Posted

I'll try a different web server as the dedi should be able to serve faster than anyone can manage.

Posted

A few people last night was saying it was taking a while to download them as well. They got there in the end though. So good to have trainstation on the rotation again. Thanks Kelvin for all your hard work.

Posted

New server installed . i was just doing 1.2 meg a second. delete one of your iwd files and give it a go.

Posted

Will do when I get home tonight. 

Thanks for the effort Kelvin. :)

Posted

Didn'T get to it last ight but this morning i just got an error message:

"Download failure while getting 'http://37.59...FP95.iwd'"

I'll have another look tonight after work.

Posted

that would be because fp95 is not on there. hoho . I hadn't transferred them all doh . I'll do that in a bit . just going to have dinner.

That should do it. I didn't realise all the maps were on the dedi already . just had to cut / paste

ah crap fp95 still missing