Welcome to FP Gaming Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
  • Announcements

• Forum and Dedi move   10/17/2017

All servers and the Forum are now at 178.32.223.184. Jörn will shortly move the domain so that your links will work.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sloe Gin II

7 posts in this topic

Posted

For those of you who missed my last sloe gin recipe .

This time a month later in the season for the berries .

gin1.thumb.jpg.6ec75bfa62f873d53e43d538dgin2.thumb.jpg.882dc2b44aa247335fa604345

Now wait 3 months.... hic'

1 person likes this

Posted

So, more sugar = higher alcohol?

Posted

Don't suppose you have a reflux still Kelvin? I have some absinthe mix I need to distill 

Genuine authentic recipe for green absinthe.

Just haven't got the tools and equipment to distill it

Posted

So, more sugar = higher alcohol?

No . any thing above around 11% kills the yeast.

It's changed colour already.

Don't suppose you have a reflux still Kelvin? I have some absinthe mix I need to distill 

Genuine authentic recipe for green absinthe.

Just haven't got the tools and equipment to distill it

All i have is a big glass jar, and that's borrowed.

Posted

im going to try this

Posted

ABSINTHE RECIPE

(From Dale Pendell's Pharmako/Poeia)

30.0 g wormwood
8.5 g hyssop
1.8 g calamis
6.0 g melissa
30.0 g anise seed
25.0 g fennel seed
10.0 g star anise
3.2 g coriander seed

Put the dry herbs in a large jar. Dampen slightly. Add 800 ml of 85-95 percent ethyl-alcohol (use alcohol suitable for drinking). Wine spirits make a better product than pure grain alcohol. Let it steep for several days - a week is better - shaking occasionally. Then add 600 ml of water and let the whole macerate for another day. Decant off the liquid squeezing as much from the mass of herb as possible. Wet the herbs with some vodka and squeeze again. Recipe should give a little over a liter and a half of green liquor. It must then be distilled. Inferior recipes skip this step, but what they produce is not worthy to be called absinthe.

In the distillation, change the receiver when the distillate turns yellow: those ar the faints. You can save the faints and add them to future distillations, but they will taint the flavor if added directly to the product. Just use the good stuff. The next step is to color and finish the liqueur by another round of maceration.

Color the distillate by again adding:

4.2 g mint
1.1 g melissa
3.0 g wormwood
1.0 g citron peel
4.2 g liquorice root

Let the herbs macerate for another three or four days. Decant, filter, bottle. You will probably want to carefully add some concentrated sugar syrup to the blend. The result will be a Swiss style absinthe of about 135 proof.Recipe makes one liter of absinthe.